söndag 13 december 2015

Busy busy!

I've been bad at blogging lately as I've been rather busy, so here come's an update!

 They've released the mandatory art pieces for uni admissions, and since I plan to apply to more than one school this means I have A LOT of work to do! It's exciting but of course very time consuming.

 A week ago I was selling paintings, mugs, jewelry and more at a local Christmas market, together with the blacksmith Wulfar Smide. We also did a collaboration, in which I designed and burned the pattern for a viking-inspired axe he made!

• I cleaned up my DeviantArt account!
I haven't been active at all there for the past two years, so now I've made a few changes in the gallery by deleting some older works that I'm no longer very fond of (I've of course spared a few that you guys especially liked). I've updated some works, and just replaced the file with never versions. On those I have updated I've also written that in the caption below them. 


 I've also finally let myself draw horses for fun again (this mostly to stop myself from getting stuck in an artblock). Years ago horses were the only things I wanted to draw, and my galleries were filled with them! However on my journey to become an illustrator I've had to put it aside more and more, and now I usually only draw horses when I get comissions of horse portraits.

Here's the newest piece, Snowblind:

I decided to not make it "too easy" for myself (as horses is my "safest" thing to draw) by picking a trickier pose, from an angle I'm not used to, and not allowing myself to use much contrast or color as I usually do!

I also re-drew one of my most popular drawings "Phantom"/"Horse of the opera". 
Those of you who've been following me on DeviantArt etc have possibly seen this paining years ago, and you can see the old version HERE.

See more of my recent equine drawings here; https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aE0V8

• I've been accepted to three different courses in graphic design this spring, but I can probably not take all of them so I'm currently having a difficult time choosing!

So to sum it all up, I'll probably be blogging slower than usual for the time being as I'm focusing on the University admissions, but the blog is still alive! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar